Monday, April 20, 2009

I'm turning out to be pretty bad at keeping up with a blog. Ah well, they say a habit takes twelve good applications to become ingrained. I'll try this. I thought about doing BEDA, but in the end I didn't know that I could come up with thirty days worth of entries. In an effort to become better at vocalizing (mentally, and then typing up and posting) my thoughts, opinions, and professional type writing, I'm going to make a post every other day for the next twenty-four days.

First day's first! This past weekend I went to Disney with the Boyfriend. Saturday was the last day that Space Mountain was going to be up before they take it down for refurb for several months. He wanted to get a few good last rides in. While we were at it I made him come to EPCOT with me so I could take take pictures of the topiaries at the Flower and Garden Festival.





Princess Aurora was my favorite growing up. I think the thing I actually loved most about Sleeping Beauty was the dragon, but I also used to sing all of the songs with what was probably annoying regularity. My parents were glad when I moved on to watching The Last Unicorn every day. At least at that point I was too young to really get into America.



Butterflies actually make pretty bad subjects. They just don't know when to sit still. A few months ago I went to California for the wedding reception of some friends and we took a walk to a grove near their home where monarch butterflies congregate as they're migrating. It was fantastic. There were hundreds of thousands of them flitting about the forest, resting in the trees and weighing down lesser branches. The Disney butterfly garden wasn't quite on that scale, but there was still some beauty.





Norway might be my favorite country in all of EPCOT. I ride the Maelstrom almost every time I go, and can recite the script. It's not the technically best thing Disney has ever created, but it has charm. TROLLS!

There are more photos from EPCOT, and a few from MGM over here at my Flickr. And that is that. One day down, eleven to go. Wish me luck. I better get around to doing some living in the next two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment